Full program description
Classes in this program are offered on the following dates/times:
- August 15, 2019 - 5:30 - 7:00 pm - Healthy Dietary Patterns
- September 12, 2019 - 5:30 - 7:00 pm - Building Plant -Forward Plates
- October 10, 2019 - 5:30 - 7:00 pm - Introduction to Culinary Medicine
- November 14, 2019 - 5:30 - 7:00 pm - Healthy Dietary Patterns
- December 5, 2019 - 5:30 - 7:00 pm - Building Plant-Forward Plates
The Nourish Program provides state-of-the-art training and education facilities utilizing a hands-on educational model that teaches HOW to make healthy food taste good. Culinary Nutrition (Medicine) are conducted in the Nourish Program's Teaching Kitchen and Holistic Garden located at the UTHealth School of Public Health.
The course series is hands-on, food-first, and behavioral-based nutrition focused, which has shown to be effective strategies in improving dietary behaviors and nutrition knowledge for professionals and their patients. Our team of chefs, dietitians, and behavioral scientists teach inclusive, effective, and realistic strategies to increase healthy food consumption leading to improved health outcomes.
- PROGRAM: 3 Class bundle 3 CMEs $90
This Live series activity,
Culinary Medicine: How Good Food Works, from 08/15/2019 - 12/05/2019, has been
reviewed and is acceptable for credit by the American Academy of Family
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Approved for 1.0 AAFP Prescribed credits.
Location: UTH School of Public Health
1200 Pressler St. Room 104 - Lobby
Houston, TX 77030
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org